Are you a very recent addict to H.G. Wells’s books and looking for what to read next? Don’t worry, we are here to help you with a complete list of H.G. Wells books in order!
H. G. Wells was an English writer. Prolific in many genres, he wrote dozens of novels, short stories, and works of social commentary, history, satire, biography and autobiography. His work also included two books on recreational war games.
Wells is now best remembered for his science fiction novels and is often called the “father of science fiction”, along with Jules Verne and the publisher Hugo Gernsback.
We looked at all of the books authored by H.G. Wells and bring a list of H.G. Wells’s books in order for you to minimize your hassle at the time of choosing the best reading order.
Hope this article about H.G. Wells books in order will help you when choosing the reading order for his books and make your book selection process easier and faster.
H.G. Wells Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading H.G. Wells’s Standalone Novels:
- The Time Machine (1895)
- The Wonderful Visit (1895)
- The Island of Doctor Moreau (1896)
- The Wheels of Chance (1896)
- The Invisible Man (1897)
- The War of the Worlds (1898)
- When the Sleeper Wakes (1899)
- Love and Mr. Lewisham (1900)
- Anticipations of the Reactions of Mechanical and Scientific Progress upon Human Life and Thought (1901)
- The First Men in the Moon (1901)
- The Sea Lady (1902)
- The Food of the Gods and How It Came to Earth (1904)
- Kipps (1905)
- A Modern Utopia (1905)
- In the Days of the Comet (1906)
- The War in the Air (1908)
- Tono-Bungay (1909)
- Ann Veronica (1909)
- The History of Mr. Polly (1910)
- The Sleeper Awakes (1910)
- The New Machiavelli (1911)
- Marriage (1912)
- The Passionate Friends (1913)
- The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman (1914)
- The World Set Free (1914)
- Bealby: A Holiday (1915)
- Boon (1915)
- The Research Magnificent (1915)
- Mr. Britling Sees It Through (1916)
- The Soul of a Bishop (1917)
- Joan and Peter: A Story of an Education (1918)
- The Undying Fire (1919)
- The Secret Places of the Heart (1922)
- Men Like Gods (1923)
- The Dream (1924)
- Christina Alberta’s Father (1925)
- The World of William Clissold (1926)
- Meanwhile The Picture of a Lady (1927)
- Mr. Blettsworthy on Rampole Island (1928)
- The Autocracy of Mr. Parham (1928)
- The Bulpington of Blup (1930)
- The Shape of Things to Come (1933)
- The Croquet Player (1936)
- Brynhild (1937)
- Star Begotten (1937)
- The Camford Visitation(1937)
- Apropos of Dolores (1938)
- The Brothers (1938)
- The Holy Terror (1939)
- Babes in the Darkling Wood (1940)
- All Aboard for Ararat (1940)
- You Can’t Be Too Careful (1941)
Your Thoughts About H.G. Wells Books In Order
Are you a huge fan of H.G. Wells’s books like us?
Do you disagree with this list about H.G. Wells books in order?
Have you just begun reading the books?
What’s your plan for the reading order?
Do we miss any books to add to our list?
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Kresley Cole Books In Order
- Bill Bryson Books In Order
- Erle Stanley Gardner Books In Order
- Gena Showalter Books In Order
- Sharon Sala Books In Order