Are you a very recent addict to Elizabeth Peters’s books and looking for what to read next? Don’t worry, we are here to help you with a complete list of Elizabeth Peters books in order!
The Amelia Peabody series is a series of twenty historical mystery novels and one non-fiction companion volume written by Egyptologist Barbara Mertz (1927-2013) under the pen name Elizabeth Peters.
Elizabeth Peters, whose New York Times best-selling novels are often set against historical backdrops, earned a Ph.D. in Egyptology at the University of Chicago.
She also writes best-selling books under the pseudonym Barbara Michaels.
Between 1950-1969 she was married to Richard Mertz, however, she divorced him after 19 years of being together.
Nevertheless, from that marriage came two children, Peter and Elizabeth Mertz. The children’s names are actually the origin of the author’s name as Elizabeth Peters.
She lived in Frederick, Maryland.
We looked at all of the books authored by Elizabeth Peters and bring a list of Elizabeth Peters’s books in order for you to minimize your hassle at the time of choosing the best reading order.
Hope this article about Elizabeth Peters books in order will help you when choosing the reading order for her books and make your book selection process easier and faster.
Elizabeth Peters Books In Order
You have seven options when choosing the reading order for Elizabeth Peters’s books:
- Georgetown Books
- Jacqueline Kirby Books
- Vicky Bliss Books
- Amelia Peabody Books
- Someone In The House Books
- Standalone Novels
- Non-Fiction Books
Elizabeth Peters’s Georgetown Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Georgetown books:
- Ammie, Come Home (1968)
- Shattered Silk (1986)
- Stitches in Time (1995)
Elizabeth Peters’s Jacqueline Kirby Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Jacqueline Kirby books:
- The Seventh Sinner (1972)
- The Murders of Richard III (1974)
- Die for Love (1984)
- Naked Once More (1989)
Elizabeth Peters’s Vicky Bliss Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Vicky Bliss books:
- Borrower of the Night (1973)
- Street of the Five Moons (1978)
- Silhouette in Scarlet (1983)
- Trojan Gold (1987)
- Night Train to Memphis (1994)
- Laughter of the Dead Kings (2008)
Elizabeth Peters’s Amelia Peabody Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Amelia Peabody books:
- Crocodile on the Sandbank (1975)
- The Curse of the Pharaohs (1981)
- The Mummy Case (1985)
- Lion in the Valley (1986)
- The Deeds of the Disturber (1988)
- The Last Camel Died at Noon (1991)
- The Snake, The Crocodile and the Dog (1992)
- The Hippopotamus Pool (1996)
- Seeing a Large Cat (1997)
- The Ape Who Guards the Balance (1998)
- The Falcon at the Portal (1999)
- He Shall Thunder in the Sky (2000)
- Lord of the Silent (2001)
- The Golden One (2002)
- Children of the Storm (2003)
- Guardian of the Horizon (2003)
- Amelia Peabody’s Egypt: A Compedium (2003)
- The Serpent on the Crown (2005)
- Tomb of the Golden Bird (2006)
- A River in the Sky (2010)
- The Painted Queen (2017)
Elizabeth Peters’s Someone In The House Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Someone In The House books:
- Someone in the House (1981)
- Black Rainbow (1982)
Elizabeth Peters’s Standalone Novels In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Standalone Novels:
- The Master of Blacktower (1966)
- Sons of the Wolf (1967)
- The Jackal’s Head (1968)
- Prince of Darkness (1969)
- The Camelot Caper (1969)
- The Dark on the Other Side (1970)
- The Dead Sea Ciper (1970)
- The Crying Child (1971)
- The Night of Four Hundred Rabbits (1971)
- Greygallows (1972)
- Witch (1973)
- House of Many Shadows (1974)
- The Sea King’s Daughter (1975)
- Patriot’s Dream (1976)
- The Legend in Green Velvet (1976)
- Wings of the Falcon (1977)
- Devil May Care (1977)
- Wait for What Will Come (1978)
- The Walker in Shadows (1979)
- Summer of the Dragon (1979)
- The Wizard’s Daughter (1980)
- The Love Talker (1980)
- The Copenhagen Connection (1982)
- Here I Stay (1983)
- The Grey Beginning (1984)
- Be Buried in the Rain (1985)
- Search the Shadows (1987)
- Smoke and Mirrors (1989)
- Into the Darkness (1990)
- Vanish with the Rose (1992)
- Houses of Stone (1993)
- The Dancing Floor (1997)
- Other Worlds (1998)
Elizabeth Peters’s Non-Fiction Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth Peters’s Non-Fiction books:
- Temples, Tombs & Hieroglyphs (1964)
- Red Land, Black Land (1966)
Your Thoughts About Elizabeth Peters Books In Order
Are you a huge fan of Elizabeth Peters’s books like us?
Do you disagree with this list about Elizabeth Peters books in order?
Have you just begun reading the books?
What’s your plan for the reading order?
Do we miss any books to add to our list?
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Ben Coes Books In Order
- Kyle Mills Books In Order
- Carol O’Connell Books In Order
- Ian Fleming Books In Order