Are you a very recent addict to Elizabeth George’s books and looking for what to read next? Never fear, we are here to help you with a complete list of Elizabeth George books in order!
Elizabeth George is the New York Times bestselling author of fourteen novels of psychological suspense, one book of nonfiction, and two short-story collections.
Elizabeth George was born in Warren, Ohio, the second child of Robert Edwin and Anne (née Rivelle) George. She has an older brother, author Robert Rivelle George. Her mother was a nurse, and her father a manager for a conveyor company.
The family moved to the San Francisco Bay Area when she was 18 months old as her father wanted to get away from the Midwestern weather.
She was a student of English, having received a teaching certificate from the University of California, Riverside. While teaching English in the public school system, she completed a master’s degree in counseling and psychology.
She received an honorary doctorate in humane letters from Cal State University Fullerton in 2004 and was awarded an honorary Masters in Fine Arts from the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts in 2010. She also established the Elizabeth George Foundation in 1997.
Her first published novel was A Great Deliverance (1988). It introduces Detective Inspector Thomas Lynley, in private life the Earl of Asherton, privately educated (Eton College and Oxford University).
His partner Detective Sergeant Barbara Havers, grammar school educated and from a working-class background—both from Scotland Yard.
Lady Helen Clyde, Lynley’s girlfriend and later wife; and Lynley’s former school friend, the forensic scientist Simon St. James and his wife, Deborah.
Her work has been honored with the Anthony and Agatha awards, the Grand Prix de LittÉrature PoliciÈre, and the MIMI, Germany’s prestigious prize for suspense fiction. She lives in Washington State.
We looked at all of the books authored by Elizabeth George and bring a list of Elizabeth George’s books in order for you to minimize your hassle at the time of choosing the best reading order.
Hope this article about Elizabeth George books in order will help you when choosing the reading order for her books and make your book selection process easier and faster.
Elizabeth George Books In Order
You have five options when choosing the reading order for Elizabeth George’s books:
- Inspector Lynley Books
- Saratoga Woods Books
- Short Story Collections
- Non-Fiction Books
Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley books:
- A Great Deliverance (1988)
- Payment in Blood (1989)
- Well-Schooled in Murder (1990)
- A Suitable Vengeance (1991)
- For the Sake of Elena (1992)
- Missing Joseph (1992)
- Playing for the Ashes (1993)
- In the Presence of the Enemy (1996)
- Deception on His Mind (1997)
- In Pursuit of the Proper Sinner (1999)
- A Traitor to Memory (2001)
- A Place of Hiding (2003)
- With No One as Witness (2005)
- What Came Before He Shot Her (2006)
- Careless in Red (2008)
- This Body of Death (2010)
- Believing the Lie (2012)
- Just One Evil Act (2013)
- A Banquet of Consequences (2015)
- The Punishment She Deserves (2018)
We propose the following Chronological order when reading Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley books:
- A Suitable Vengeance is a prequel novel in the Inspector Lynley series and should be read before A Great Deliverance when reading the novels in chronological order.
Elizabeth George’s Saratoga Woods Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth George’s Saratoga Woods books:
- The Edge of Nowhere (2012)
- The Edge of the Water (2014)
- The Edge of the Shadows (2015)
- The Edge of the Light (2016)
Elizabeth George’s Short Story Collections In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth George’s Short Story Collections:
- The Evidence Exposed (1999)
- I, Richard (2001)
Elizabeth George’s Anthologies In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth George’s Anthologies books:
- Crime from the Mind of a Woman (2002)
- A Moment on the Edge: 100 Years of Crime Stories by Women (2004)
- Two of the Deadliest: New Tales of Lust, Greed and Murder from the Outstanding Women of Mystery (2009)
- The Best American Mystery Stories 2016 (2016)
Elizabeth George’s Non-Fiction Books In Order
We propose the following publication order when reading Elizabeth George’s Non-Fiction books:
- Write Away: One Novelist’s Approach to the Novel (2004)
Your Thoughts About Elizabeth George Books In Order
Are you a huge fan of Elizabeth George’s books like us?
Have you just begun reading the books?
What’s your plan for the reading order?
Do you disagree with this list of Elizabeth George’s books in order?
Do we miss any books to add to our list?
Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Mary Burton Books In Order
- Tony Hillerman Books In Order
- Nelson DeMille Books In Order
- Brad Meltzer Books In Order
Are you a very recent addict to M.C. Beaton’s books and looking for what to read next? Don’t worry, we are here to help you with a complete list of M.C. Beaton books in order! M.C....
Are you a very recent addict to James Dashner’s books and looking for what to read next? Don’t worry, we are here to help you with a complete list of James Dashner books in order! James...